Monday, June 20, 2011

Designers' Musician Muses: W Magazine

fass-music-muses-06-v

JANELLE MONAE & KARL LAGERFELD
From mon oncle Karl: “We liked each other from the first second on,” says the designer. “Not just because of our style, but also the name: Janelle rhymes with Chanel, no?”
musicmuses1

KANYE WEST & RODARTE
From Kate (above, right) about Kanye and her impression from his 2011 Coachella performance: “It’s one of the most incredible shows you’ll ever see,” says Kate. “I think it’s because he’s such a visual artist as well.” “That mixing of art forms and genres,” says Laura, “that’s something I respond to.”
DONATELLA VERSACE & M.I.A.
From Dontella: “Her music and style seemed so fresh and innovative.” "She is a total artist."
fass-music-muses-04-v

GEORGE CRAIG & CHRISTOPHER BAILEY
From Christopher Bailey: “For me, George embodies the modern British look."
musicmuses2

DIPLO & ALEXANDER WANG
Diplo: “What I do is super random,” explains the infamous DJ. “Before, I’d talk to girls about my music and they’d say, ‘Yeah, that’s cool,’” he says. “Now I tell them I’m in the Alex Wang ads, and they want to have my children.” The designer adds that “that kind of craziness is what I like about him.”
FLORENCE WELCH & FRIDA GIANNINI
From Frida: “I was captivated by her eccentric style and her willingness to dare.” “She embodies the cinematic allure and seductive power that is its essence.”
fass-music-muses-03-v

YOKO ONO & PROENZA SCHOULER
From Lorenzo: “We’re really attracted to independent spirits, people who don’t follow trends, “Yoko pretty much personifies that.” “We’re really inspired by the way she looked in the Sixties and Seventies,” says Hernandez. “That long hair was pretty spectacular.” “I think she’s earned the right to wear as many hats as she wants.”


From: W Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment