Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dear Mom&Dad.

An open letter to the most influential people in my educational career, my parents.

To the most incredibly hardworking and passionate people I know, Mom & Dad -

At a time like this, where I see my dreams slowly unfolding before me, where I finally get to see where all my hard work is beginning to take me, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I would not be as successful as I am now (and will continue to be) if it was not for your unconditional love, support, and belief in me.

Upon graduation day, I could not help but reflect, marvel, and reminisce at all that I've accomplished and gained. Once again, I could not have possibly done it without you both. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to study in Santa Barbara, extending my studies to Paris, funding my education, my car, my phone, my rent, and most of all, believing in me and the decisions I've made.

Despite some choices I may and may not regret, I want to thank you for sticking with me through thick and thin. It's through your devoted support and love that has kept me alive after any storm that came my way.

Words truly can't explain how thankful I am to have parents like you. Parents who work incredibly hard; blood, sweat, tears and all. Parents who put their entire life and dreams into their children. With that said, I feel extremely honored to not only be living my dream, but one of yours as well. It is with this day and this letter that I hope to continue to make you proud and happy, because you have inspired me in so many aspects of life, that I hope I've inspired you as well, because the opportunities like you've shown me, are endless.

With undying love,

Koya.

No comments:

Post a Comment