Thursday, February 17, 2011

Women's NY Fashion Week Favs Fall 2011 PART THREE

annaff1 annaff2

Anna Sui // I remember watching Anna and her shows a few years ago when I first started getting into fashion, and I was so blown away with how her collection literally translated into a story. It was like each piece inspired the next and it kind of created this storyline I had to follow, whether her inspiration was Rock and Roll or Rosemary's Baby, I was all for it. I think every woman should have an Anna Sui piece, because like Rodarte, you can always tell an Anna Sui piece. They're so distinct in its victorian/doll style, that they could end up being key pieces 50 years from now. I kind of forgot about her during FW, but I'm glad I've been refreshed..oh and I'm glad to see Coco on her runway as well even though I miss Anna's Naomi days when she always opened the show.

oscarff1 oscarff2

Oscar De La Renta // Even though I was seeing some Chanel references in this collection, I couldn't help but adore the elegance and chicness of Oscar's fall collection. Each piece was so lady like that I could picture putting First Lady Michelle Obama in that tweed coat and skirt ensemble, while seeing Marion Cotillard in that plunging, long sleeved and floor length gown. The show was absolutely mesmerizing and I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of Oscar on the pages of Vogue.

calvinff1 calvinff2

Calvin Klein // No one can do sophisticated minimalism as well as Francisco. You would think such muted pieces would be so uninspiring, but I could not help but see/feel the beauty in the structured coats, trousers, and that camel colored tunnel neck shift was stunning. Wouldn't an amazingly bright chunky jeweled necklace look fan tab with that coat suit? Amaze balls.

ralphff1 ralphff2

Ralph Lauren // One of the originals of American menswear delivered a great show filled with what will be fall trends including: double breasted suits, fur, velvet pieces, red, jeweled tones, and pretty much anything menswear inspired. I loved both numbers Karmen was wearing which included the red velvet one shoulder and the black with green beading floor length gown. This collection obviously explains why Anna put an RL piece on the cover of this past September issue with Halle Berry. Gorgeous collection hands down.

proenzff1 proenzff2

Proenza Schouler // Despite my undying love for Lazaro, I felt the duo of PS gave another spectacular show. All pieces were so strong including those Peddleton looking printed trousers, the bright leather tops, the beaded/fringed knee length skirts, the necklaces, the coats, and everything in between. I'm sure PS will be getting a lot of editorial work in various fashion publications given their eclectic collection. Unlike A Wang, I think PS truly deserved their CFDA award. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment