Monday, February 14, 2011

Women's NY Fashion Week Favs Fall 2011 PART ONE

tomh1
tomh2

Tommy Hilfiger // Menswear is a huge trend this coming fall and I cannot wait! The double breasted suits, wide leg trousers, thick knitted sweaters, and silk pajama separates that walked down Tommy's runway had me yearning for more. Who knew that leather pants were going to be carried over from this spring's trend? I also loved the hats, which made me realize that I would like a large brimmed one for this spring's Coachella festival. NEED.

preen1 preen2

Preen // Absolutely adored this collection, from it's rich jeweled tones, embellished tops, to the kaleidoscope printed separates. It was all flawlessly chic to me. What makes it even more amazing was that I could see how ageless the whole collection was. I could see women like Leighton Meester in that electric blue skirt and top, while I could see Anna Wintour in that embellished top and orange skirt. Def a NYFW fav.

prab1 prab2

Prabal Gurung // Another NYFW fav of mine was Prabal who delivered a great show, which included an eclectic mix of dresses in nude pinks, hot pinks, reds, and blacks. I definitely see some Oscar/Academy Award red carpet dresses in this show. Isn't that purple hued fur coat amaze balls?! It reminds me of the green fur coat Isabel Marant did a few seasons ago. Fur is another great trend I'm seeing in the shows in NY. And is it me or am I see Joan Smalls everywhere?! Not complaining.


jwu1 jwu2

Jason Wu // I am so excited to see Jason's career sky rocket only a few years after being recognized by Anna Wintour and first lady Michelle Obama. His pieces are the epitome of femininity and are always classically chic. I am dying over the sweater with lace detail & slim trousers ensemble as well as that long sleeve number with the super high slit. I also saw a lot of menswear again in Wu's collection, which reinforces that trend, but it was great to also see jeweled hues in his collection. Love, love, love.

derekf1 derekf2

Derek Lam // Fur, leather, menswear, and hues of red were all trends present in Lam's fall 2011 collection. I thought the collection overall was very cohesive, and I enjoyed seeing the variety of trousers present in the collection and I liked the boyfriend blazers paired with the shifts with zipper detailing. And like always, the bags were on point. Go Derek!

No comments:

Post a Comment