Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Women's London Fashion Week Favs Fall 2011 PART ONE

aguaff1 aguaff2

Aquascutum // I thought Joanna's collection was impeccable from head to toe. Aquascutum sent out a parade of layered coats, knits, and furs, which would have any girl who loves layers go gaga. I loved the black leather coat and skirt with the beige knit, but how gorgeous is that beige coat with the fur collar? I love to layer in the fall and this collection really does emphasize how chic layering can be. One of my fav shows in London so far..

julienff1 julienff2

Julien Macdonald // Julien gave us some rock/gothic inspired collection, which interestingly enough made me want to see more, especially in those numbers with lace, fur, and pleated details. Although the makeup and overall demeanor of the show was dark, the clothes brought out a subtle undertone of romance and femininity.

burbff1 burbff2

Burberry Prorsum // Being the avid Bailey fan that I am, I thought Christopher delivered another great fall collection for Burberry Prorsum. I absolutely loved the dalmatian hats, the voluminous coats, and play on fur. I was also seeing a lot of the trends from the NY shows resonating in the London shows with fur, menswear, and jeweled tones. With inspiration rooting from 60's chic, the chunky wedges and retro silhouettes that conquered the runway were beyond editorial worthy. And Is it me or can you see Oliva Palermo rocking that fur coat with knitted sleeves?! The finale walk was also fun, with it's fall collection showcasing snow instead of last season's rain. And with a front row including fashion fav's like Rachel Bilson and Kate Bosworth, you know your show targets some of the trendiest girls in the Hollywood industry not to mention trendy boys like Douglas Booth.

Burberry-Prorsum-DESIGNSCENE-net-00 Burberry-Prorsum-011

No comments:

Post a Comment