Thursday, February 24, 2011

Women's Milan Fashion Week Favs Fall 2011 PART ONE

gucciff11 gucciff2

Gucci // Frida sent out an amazing collection down the runway, which showcased a lot of 70's sophistication and play on fur, mens wear, polka dots, jeweled tone dresses, which kind of reminded me of Marc's spring 2011 collection with all the high slits and complex bows, but I loved it all. It was all very chic and all very Gucci, which felt very rock and roll chic. How fierce is that black fur number with the black hat? Abbey's yellow number should instantly be a contendor for any women's MET Gala uniform. Def a fav collection of mine from Milan, agree?

albertfff1 albertfff2

Alberta Ferretti // The structured pieces in this collection were phenomenal from the first to the last outfit that paraded down Ferretti's Fall 2011 collection. How stunning would Julianne Moore look in that navy blue one long sleeved shoulder dress? Or Anna Wintour in that embellished orange and grey coat?! I also thought the suede knee high boots were screaming Carine! Great collection overall.

maxmaraf1 maxmaraf2

Max Mara // Although this collection was very muted and minimal (kind of like Calvin Klein), I enjoyed the long sleeved shifts, the coats with the seat belt looking clasps, and the camel coat had me drooling. I also thought that long length coat was impeccable, you don't really see those anymore. My friend Danny asked me about my opinion on pointy toe heels and in this collection, they were absolutely stunning. So chic and so simple. It brought me back to those old days with Donna Karen.

dgff1 dgff2

D&G // I never saw this collection coming, as I'm sure everyone else was. But given how loud and obnoxious the collection was, it was still very D&G and definitely was different from all the other collections we've been seeing in Milan. It was vibrant and fun, and I quite enjoyed the alphabet scheme of the collection, besides D&G is meant to be fun and youthful and that's what I got out of the collection despite those horrible horrible sneaker wedges. I definitely enjoyed those neon colored boyfriend blazers, which reminded me of Marc's Fall 2009 collection. It definitely took me a while to warm up to Dominico and Stefano's collection, but given the right girl, the pieces would definitely speak for themselves. Nylon/Teen Vogue I'm sure, will be all over this collection.

pradaff1 pradaff2

Prada // Even though I'm still going cray cray over Miuccia's spring 2011 collection for Prada, I thought she did a splendid job for the fashion house's fall 2011 collection. I got to see a lot more of those fish scale inspired cut outs, and I adored how mod/twiggy/schoolgirl, and 70's inspired everything was from the coat dresses to the clutch bags. And is it me or is Arizona Muse's coat EFFING GORG/TO DIE FOR?! Leather/Reptile skin/Fur?!! I'm sure it'll be the it coat of the season! Surprisingly enough, I saw both fur and reptile combinations a lot in the Milan shows like Gucci... Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment