Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Women's NY Fashion Week Favs Fall 2011 PART TWO

veraff1 veraff2

Vera Wang // I love how Vera went a little darker with this Fall collection, from the make up, the boots, and play on leather. When I think of Vera I usually think of wedding dresses, not much else even though she originally started with RTW. This fall, Vera showed a much younger younger collection in my opinion. That long leather and fur trimmed vest is to DIE for, while that plunging, floor length, mint colored dress would look fan tab on someone like Diane Kruger.

rodarff11 rodarff2

Rodarte // What I like most about the Mulleavy sisters is how distinct their taste and collections are. You can always stick a Rodarte piece next to another designer piece and instantly know it's a Mulleavy creation. Although I find some of their RTW pieces difficult for the mass population to visualize them as "everyday looks" because of it's uniqueness, I find that the beauty of their clothes. They're definitely pieces unlike any others; you don't get a normal sweater from Rodarte, you get a sweater that looks like it's been crocheted by an 8 year old who unawarely created something so beautiful and abstract at the same time. They're most definitely masterpieces in of it's own.

marcbff1 marcbff2

Marc By Marc Jacobs // I may be a bit biased, because of my undying love/commitment with MMJ, but I love how sophisticated this MMJ collection was this fall. And it's pretty much official, mini's are out and knee/ankle/floor length skirts are in! I love how Marc played with jeweled tones, menswear, and fur, which again seem to be all trends this fall. I also see those wide brimmed hats becoming a trend for the fall, especially in suede looking fabrics. I NEED TO GET MY HANDS ON ONE!! Hands down one of my favorite collections of the season and I love the mens RTW even more.

marcff11 marcff12

Marc Jacobs // Just like his sister line, I loved how vibrant Marc's collection was. I like how different his collection was compared to the other NYFW designer's collection. Polka dots, structured-cropped tops, and those circle cut out skirts were phenomenal. I felt like the whole collection was fresh, something new given all the obvious trends I was seeing on the runways. Even though I thought those boots were god awful, I enjoyed the bags and head pieces. Another astonishing collection from Marc. What do you think of his collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment