Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Darren Criss for Out Magazine

darren1

Although he is NOT gay, I am still head over heels with Darren Criss. *sigh. Here is an excerpt from his great interview with Out Magazine.

From Out:

Though Glee-dom made a Christmastime tour of the Philippines possible -- Criss’s manager booked him solo shows in front of 3,000 to 5,000 people each -- what happened there demonstrates that the multihyphenate is a new kind of young star: talented, ambitious, and a savvy self-promoter, with the world at his fingertips thanks to the Web.

"I thought it would be all Glee," he says of the audiences' interest, "but I had to change my playlist because they wanted StarKid." The Filipino teen girls were sporting StarKid sunglasses, T-shirts, and headbands they had bought online. "I’m on a worldwide network television phenomenon, but they’re there because of a kind of ghetto-fabulous musical I did in two weeks with my friends in college. Who would have thought?"

After confessing that he was straight, he added that he thought it was a good thing:

“It’s more empowering to everybody if I’m articulate about identifying myself as a straight male playing a gay character. Ultimately that’s more powerful for both communities.”

darren2 darren3

No comments:

Post a Comment