Monday, September 26, 2011

Inspiration: Randy Phillips


Only because Randy Philips is inspiring...and cute. As a member of the US Military and now an active member of the gay community, I'm sure it took a lot of courage to tell his Southern dad that he was gay. After watching this extremely admirable and emotional video, I couldn't help but imagine what it felt like. Surreal perhaps, but overly happy and relieved once it was said and done. I remember one particular lecture vividly during my time at UCSB studying as an undergrad in the department of communication and it was in my family communication class. My professor had told us that there are three things a kid, a son or daughter, grandson or granddaughter always needs to hear and it's I love you, I accept you, and I am proud of you. I'm sure Randy's father thinks nothing less of his son given his orientation and I think that's how it should be. pure & simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment