Monday, September 19, 2011

London Fashion Week: Spring/Summer 2012 Favorites part two

psmithss124 psmithss121 psmith122 psmithss123

Paul Smith - Probably one of the best menswear inspired collections I've seen in a long time. Paul Smith's ss 12 collection was filled with well-tailored sport coats and trousers that gave a downtown chic and softer look to it's masculine inspiration. The presentation was quirky, sassy, and cool, which is something PS does well. My favorite pieces included the trouser pants and those shoes! I need leopard loafers stat. View the entire collection here.

mattwillss121 mattwillss122 mattwillss123 mattwillss124

Matthew Williamson - I think Matthew's a genius when it comes to infusing print and colors together. The end results are almost always stunning. The paisley/ikat like prints were incredible with pops of rich yellows, blues, oranges, and greens. I thought the collection showed great range from pants, tops, shorts, jumpsuits, outerwear, and dresses. Very spring and yet another strong collection for Matthew. I'm glad I picked up a MW x H&M sportcoat when I had the chance. They sure are one of a kind and like any other. View the entire collection here.

burbss121 burbss122 burbss123

Burberry - Even though I'm a HUGE Christopher Bailey fan, I wasn't too keen on his s 12 collection for Burberry. To be honest the only thing I really enjoyed was the color palette as well as the prints. It seemed like I've seen the pieces he's created before and it wasn't something new or exciting. But if there's one thing that I enjoyed the most about his collections time after time it has to be the craftsmanship that goes into making the pieces. From the sweaters to the hand bags, it seems all so intricate and made with such detail is practically flawless. Check out the video below to get a quick view of the ss 12's craftsmanship and view the entire collection here.

No comments:

Post a Comment