Thursday, September 15, 2011

New York Fashion Week: Spring/Summer 2012 Favorites Part Two

rodss121 rodss122 rodss123 rodss124
Rodarte - I love the Mulleavy sisters and their aesthetics. Time after time they are able to reinvent their collections for Rodarte. The ss 12 collection was inspired by Van Gogh, who is like many, one of my favorite painters. I was lucky enough to visit the museum in Amsterdam last summer and it just gave me a new found respect for him after viewing his pieces in person and learning about him. I could definitely see a variety of celebs and Rodarte fans like Elle Fanning and Kirsten Dunst obviously rocking some of the pieces. I thought the sunflower printed pieces were phenomenal, while the knits were classic (and again a ss 12 trend). I also enjoyed the color palette. View the entire collection here.
verass121 verass122 verass123 verass124
Vera Wang - Is it me or do I see some Rodarte references in some of Vera's ss 12 collection? The criss cross bodice with the peplum skirts? I don't know what it is about me, but I find myself always comparing designers collections to one another and I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Maybe I need to stop being so critical; but I really did love Vera's collection. I thought it was sexy, sophisticated, and sporty. Who thinks of sheer eyelet? Spring is all about color and prints, so I really enjoyed the pops of bright yellows and cobalt blues. Besides tropical prints being a trend for the ss 12 season, I also think sheer and organic prints will also be on the list. The shoes on the other hand, eh definitely not a fan. View the entire collection here.
osacarss121 oscarss122 oscarss123 oscarss124
Oscar De La Renta - Paris may have Dior, but we've got Oscar. Talk about a stunning number to open his ss 12 collection. I absolutely loved the yellow and red ball gowns along with lace tops and I honestly think that Oscar has some of thee best jewelry like those chandelier and tassle earrings!! How hot does Jourdan Dunn look in her lime green trousers and overly revealing lacy top!?? Oscar's presentation was pure American glamour and I'm sure Anna was loving every second of the show (well hopefully). Easily one of my top three collections during NYFW so far. View the entire collection here.
psss121 psss122 psss123 psss124
Proenza Shouler - That's prenounced, Skoo-ler in case you didn't know. Although I was able to watch a rerun of the show in its entirety after being shown live, I was a bit skeptical about the collection as dark ensembles started the show. As the collection progressed, tropical printed numbers and 40's inspired silhouettes paraded down the runway. I absolutely love all the tropical prints showing up as a HUGE trend next ss 12 season. Although the collection was somewhat dark, Lazaro and Jack were still able to brighten it up as a spring collection with blue, yellow, and chartreuse. I wasn't sure about the bags, but I do love their shoes. What do you think? Another homerun for the PS team? Overall, it was a strong and cohesive collection. View the entire collection here.

No comments:

Post a Comment