Sunday, September 18, 2011

London Fashion Week: Spring/Summer 2012 Favorites part one

jmacss121 jmacss122 jmacss123 jmacss124

Julien Macdonald - I absolutely enjoyed the military, oriental, and rock & roll inspired theme for his ss 12 collection. I thought the collection included sharp pieces that were tailored and well executed. It seems like metallics are a subtle trend come the ss 12 season as well as sheer. The gowns towards the closing of the show were incredibly beautiful. I really enjoyed his fall 2011 collection, so I'm glad he was able to deliver another strong presentation yet again. View the entire collection here.

mulss121 mulss122 mulss123 mulss124

Mulberry - This is probably the first time I've taken notice of Mulberry and their runway show. The thing that stood out to me about Emma Hill's collection for the London based fashion house was the pairing of great sport wear coats and jackets with sheer dresses. I touch on the sheer ss 12 trend once again, because it seems like it's going to be a strong one considering that most sheer dresses that walked both NY and now London were floor length. The drawstring details on the dresses and outerwear pieces reminded me Vera Wang, but nonetheless I really loved the sportswear detail to the feminine frocks and coats. View the entire collection here.

nfarhiss121 nfarhiss122 nfarhiss123 nfarhiss124

Nicole Farhi - Like Mulberry, this is the first time Nicole Farhi's runway collection caught my attention. But to be honest, it's probably my favorite ss 12 collection from LFW. Farhi's presentation was all about color, shapes, prints, and cuts. I loved the kimono/karate belted tops and coats. A well tailored shirt and short combo makes me crazy, but a well tailored and printed shirt & shorts combo makes me bananas. The prints in Farhi's ss 12 collection are probably my favorite out of the entire ss 12 season (besides Prabal's and maybe Proenza's). The sunglasses and shoes that paraded down the runway were also great; white framed cat eyes and strappy sandals can never do wrong. View the entire collection here.

No comments:

Post a Comment