Saturday, July 23, 2011

R.I.P Amy Winehouse

Amy_Winehouse_Widescreen_211200834740Pm911
“She is a beautiful, gifted artist. And I very much like her hairdo. I took it as an inspiration. Because, in fact, it was also Brigitte Bardot’s hairdo in the late Fifties and Sixties. And now Amy has made it her own style. So, when I saw her, I knew it was the right moment. Amy… she is the new Brigitte.”
- Karl Lagerfeld

After breaking news this morning reporting Amy Winehouse's death, I was a bit unsure about how I felt. I wasn't too sure if I felt surprised or not of her death given her past, but what I did feel was complete sadness; that a true talent like herself, was not able to rise and make her comeback despite all her troubles. Out of all the concerts i've been too, I am sad to say that I wasn't able to see her perform. These videos of her performing some of my favorites songs from her Back To Black album, showcase how truly gifted she was. Besides her music, she surprisingly impacted the fashion world by inspiring many high fashion editorials such as Vogue Paris and Numero. Plus, who could forget the bee-hives that walked Karl Lagerfeld's CHANEL collection at the Pre-Fall 2008 show? You will truly be missed, Amy. Rest In Paradise.



No comments:

Post a Comment