Friday, July 1, 2011

Angelo Flaccavento

angelo-flaccavento3
angelo-flaccavento5

Besides Milano and Francesco, I've also been seeing a lot of this bearded man, Italian fashion journalist, Angelo Flaccavento. His signature thick-rimmed glasses, neatly-trimmed beard, tailored blazer and unique bow tie style is easy to spot in almost any photo blogger's blog/tumblr. You'll find Flaccavento on Nam's blog, Guerre's, Tommy's, Scott's and many more and for good reason. I recently read a post that Guerre did on the fashion journalist and I found him quite interesting, intelligent, well spoken, and sexy at the same time. Read for yourself, excerpts include:

Who are you:
A dreamer and an observer.
I write about fashion and style.

Passion:
Beauty. Elegance. Knowledge.

What is style?
Style is the mark of what you are on what you do. I believe gentleness is an essential part of it.

Angelo Flaccavento2 Screen shot 2011-05-14 at 1.43.47 AM

Where do you draw inspiration from:
Real life and the imagined life of books, films, dreams. The work of costumer Piero Tosi never
ceases to amaze me, too.

2 Rules you live by:
Think & Dream.

What advice would you have for someone who’s cultivating their own style?
To do it for themselves, not to please others or seek for acceptance.

3 Pet Peeves (things you dislike)
Arrogance. Vulgarity. Primadonnas.
angelo-flaccavento4 angelo-flaccavento1

What is a daily must (beyond bathing, brushing your teeth, etc )?
A jog, to keep fit and clear the mind. Sex, but there’s no need to explain why.

Best advice you’ve received:
From my father: do not compromise, even if this makes you unpopular.

Is there any one person in particular close to you that inspired you?
My mom: for her selfless love and constant dedication.

Is your style only represented in how you dress?
The way I write is just as representative, expressive and oddly classic.

3 books you’d recommend:
Operette Morali – Giacomo Leopardi
American Lessons – Italo Calvino
The trilogy of the city of K – Agota Kristof

5 things every person should do before dying:
I’ll pass on this. Everybody should live their life according to individual parameters.

What separates a leader from a follower?
A leader is willing to accept failure as a part of progress. He is also independent and unpredictable.

Angelo Flaccavento5

During trying times, what brings you peace of mind?
Thinking of the vast open sea.

Last thing that made you smile?
A child on the street that laughed at my beard calling me Santa Claus.

My life is… (finish the sentence)
An endless search. The process, to me, is way more important than the product.


From, Guerreisms and Tommy Ton.

No comments:

Post a Comment