Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Saks Fifth Avenue Mens Collection Fall 2011 Summit

IMG_0246
Being able to travel with your job is an incredible opportunity and I was so excited when my manager promoted me and told me about a summit I would be going to in NYC. As a current Brand Ambassador for the SFAMC, I was beyond ecstatic to learn about our upcoming fall collection, because to be honest, my store did particularly well last fall, so I was excited to see what we'd be getting in...and hopefully be selling out of. The summit was jam packed with presentations covering cashmere sweaters, merino wool sweaters, our loro piana suits, shoes, accessories, and two brand new sister lines entitled 212 and 611 launching in early November. Throughout the summit I made great friends and was really able to network. I met my incredible brand team in NY including the buyers, brand managers, VP, and product managers and also met other fellow BA's from around the country including Florida, Virginia, Texas, Ohio, and Las Vegas. I've gained so much knowledge during my work stay in NYC, I was so motivated at the end of it that I wanted to go home and start to develop a product knowledge meeting with my entire store!

Our NY team definitely hosted a spectacular summit with incredible breakfasts, lunches, and dinners (including an all you can drink end of the night every night we worked). One particular moment that I will never forget was meeting the Vice President and Mens Fashion Director for Saks Fifth Avenue, Eric Jennings. I've read a few interviews of his and reviewed his guest editorials with GQ and Details, so it was amazing meeting him in person and really picking his brain. We talked a lot about blogging and the evolution of mens fashion...I cannot wait till January when I get to go back to the concrete jungle to learn about our Spring 2012 collection. Here's to an exciting fall season!
IMG_0236
IMG_0232 IMG_0233 IMG_0253 IMG_0259 IMG_0262 IMG_0266 IMG_0267 IMG_0269 IMG_0239 IMG_0241 IMG_0237 IMG_0265
Eric Jennings, VP and Mens Fashion Director for Saks Fifth Avenue & I.

No comments:

Post a Comment