Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Jamming To...


The Weeknd - Rolling Stone: Ummm his voice, the sound of the guitar, yea it makes me melt. The Weeknd's last album, House of Balloons was practically my "intimate" soundtrack and their current mixtape, Thursday is a little more upbeat. I'm not sure how I feel abou this one, but I'm sure it'll grow on me. Rolling Stones and Thursday has so far been played the most...


Florence + The Machine - What The Water Gave Me: Who doesn't love Florence?! You'd be crazy not to. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's excited to hear what her new album will be like, but I'm sure it won't disappoint. I wasn't really crazy about this particular song titled, What The Water Gave Me, but it's growing on me. I can't wait for the album's full release in November, I hope she at least semi-headlines Coachella this year. Then again I hope all these artists in this post are there to perform (except A. Winehouse for obvi reasons). Listen up Coachella!


Marina & The Diamonds - Radioactive: I am beyond excited to see&hear what Marina has for her sophomore album. This story of her alter ego, Electra Heart is also interesting, because I think she morphing into someone else (think Beyonce's Sasha Fierce) and you can sense that her music is changing along with this new identity. There's a new sound to her music and you can definitely tell when you listen to radioactive. New sound, new love for Marina.


David Guetta ft. Sia - Titanium: OMGAH!! SIAA!!!! I'm such a huge fan of hers, and what an interesting collaboration, no? Despite how surprised I am of the collaboration, I love the ending results. I've been listening to this song on repeat when I run in the mornings and it totally gets me pumping. Then again, I guess that's what David's music does to you.


Amy Winehouse - Help Yourself: I was visiting my friend Shorteyy's tumblr and this song came on and it totally made me want to replay Amy's 2003 album, Frank. Besides Fuck Me Pumps and Stronger Than Me, Help Yourself was one of my favorite songs on the album. It's been on repeat the whole day and it's such a good song for me and many other's because of how relatable the lyrics are. I think I need to forward this song to a few friends, in hopes they'll get the message..

No comments:

Post a Comment