Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Christina Ricci for Nylon Magazine

criccinylongmagcov
I have loved loved LOVED Christina Ricci since her Wednesday Adams days. I haven't seen much of her lately, but then again, she's starring in her new ABC show, Pan Am, which btw looks fan tab! Her editorial & cover for the recent issue of Nylon Magazine also looks fan tab. What do you guys think?
criccinylongmag3


Excerpts from her interview include:

On Givenchy's creative director Riccardo Tisci:
"I love Riccardo Tisci, he's been amazing over the years, really supportive — really good to me."

On tailoring and knowing what works for her petite frame:
"When you're as short as me, you kind of have to. And you kind of know [your] propotions. I spend so much time in fittings and looking in the mirror, so at a certain point you kind of become aware of what works on your body."

On the fashion of her new show Pan Am:
"You know it's a lot of fun to be able to dress up like that, but picture today, in this heat, you have to put fucking nylons on every day of your life. And the way they did their hair…today is such a luxury to get to throw a little dress on. I was looking at myself on my way out the door and I was like, 'Your underwear is showing, but you don't have any time. Leave.' If this was the 60s, I wouldn't be able to do that."
criccinylongmag4 criccinylongmag2

Christina Ricci, on choosing a TV show.
"You know, some of the best writing is on television, and I have to say, I spend most of my time watching TV. For years I've been saying I wanted to do television."

On vintage fashion.
"I asked my stylist: 'What's the rule from when something becomes vintage and not just, like, last season? Seven years, apparently. So seven years later, I've brought out my Alaia dresses again."

On filming an episode in her bikini:
"In the end, there's only so much you can do and I'm not going to punish myself because I don't look like the average person in a bikini."

On Deadliest Catch.
"When would I ever know what it's like to be on a crab ship if it wasn't for this show?"
criccinylongmag


From Coco Perez & Nylon.

No comments:

Post a Comment