Monday, September 20, 2010

Water for Elephants


It's been awhile since I read a good book and before leaving for Paris I decided to pick up Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love. With it's motion picture out already, I wanted to see what the buzz was all about and unfortunately after chapter three, I found myself abandoning the book in it's entirety. I don't know what it was, but just did not engage me..at all.

Anyways, I was on search of a new book and my friends Anna, Amy, and Sophia just finished reading Water for Elephants which is in the process of becoming a motion picture and to my surprise, I loved it! I guess I like more fiction than non-fiction books, but this book totally got my attention from the first chapter and I know that's what I need in a book in order for me to stick around it. I instantly fell in love with the characters and even the animals in the circus (being that the book is about a moving circus trying to survive during the days of the depression). I wonder how Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon will do in playing the leads of Jacob and Marlena. The movie better do justice although it never does.. -_- On the other hand, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen is a great read.

Now I need new suggestions for books! Perhaps another Camus novel, he's always enticing. I was also thinking about reading one of Chelsea Handler's books, because I practically love that biatch and I read the first few pages of her book, "My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One Night Stands," and I was instantly hooked! Ahh, we'll see, with school starting in less than four days, I'm not too sure if i'll have time to read a book.

1 comment:

  1. haha, i just finished "my horizontal life" and it had me cracking up a lot of times. definitely read it - goes by super fast.

    ReplyDelete