Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Buried Life.


New guilty pleasure, Duncan! Oh, and his MTV show with Ben, Dave, and Jonnie, The Buried Life. Watching this show is not only hilarious, but amazing at the same time. What a creative idea to do something bold before you die, and at the same time help someone accomplish something off their list of to-dos before they die? I cannot wait for season two, which means more Duncan. =)

On a side note, growing up I've always gave back to my community whether it was volunteering with my high school or my karate school. From the American Cancer Society, feeding the homeless, to assisting San Francisco Fashion Week, I've done a lot in my time. Now that I'm in college, I rarely find opportunities to give back to the community, but like DVF says, "You can't have it all until you give back." So..I'm planning on volunteering with the Dream Foundation which is here in Santa Barbara and who coincidently fulfilled a girls dream of meeting Lady Gaga when she failed two bone marrow transplants! I hope volunteering with them will give me back the drive to constantly give back, busy or not busy. Besides, what better feeling do you get when you give back? I personally believe that you haven't succeeded until you've helped others around you towards their own success, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment