Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Disney nature: Oceans


When I was little, all I wanted to be was either an artist or a marine biologist. I was so fascinated with marine mammals all my stuff animals were either polar bears, seals, or penguins! To this day I still have this great curiosity to explore the wild life underneath what we call the ocean.

I was busy reading some material for my classes on Tuesday, when I got an email on my BB from the school about free events. I was quickly drawn being that it said "FREE EVENTS" on the subject line, so I continued and opened the email. To my luck, they were playing Disney nature's Oceans, the marine version of it's Earth counterpart, which I have yet to see. I quickly wrote the time, date and place where the movie was going to be held and I attended the movie. I didn't know what to expect, but I was ready to see some pretty cool stuff. Campbell hall, which holds about 860 seats, was packed with equally curious students and community members from around the area. I guess the movie was going to be epic, and it was.

My favorite part was the artic animals, although the whales were equally fascinating. But who doesn't love leopard seals, penguins, and polar bears?! I highly recommend this movie to anyone who loves a good discovery channel-esque movie, not to mention those who have an interest in marine biology. The movie was funny, sad, surprising, and beautifully made. Check it out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment