Thursday, September 23, 2010

ANTM cycle 15, yes I said 15!

This season, cycle 15 (yes, it has been going on for this long!) of America's Next Top Model has rosen the bar in terms of prizes and what is in stake. Not only is the winner going to get a contract with Cover girl cosmetics, but she gets to land a spread in the every so prestigous Italian Vogue, the cover of Italian Vogue's make up/art magazine, and a contract with IMG models (which houses some of the best top models in the world..think Gisele, Tyra, Sasha, Lara, Karolina, Kate, Jessica, and Liu)! Although I stopped watching the series seasons ago, I had to watch this season because of it's more high fashion approach. I think I stopped watching the show because it started to get a bit repetitive, but this season is jam packed with some of the biggest photographers such as Demarchelier himself, designers including Diane Von Furstenberg and Zac Posen! So not only are the models forced to be more high fashion, but they are literally around high fashion during their challenges and photoshoots. There has only been three episodes so far in the season, but there definitely is some high fashion potential amongst the candidates. Here are my favs (starting from the left):

kayche


Kayla: This new fiery red head has a cut exactly like the amazing Abbey Lee Kershaw, but other than the similar hair cut, the girl works. Personally, Kayla is the one that constantly delivers pose after pose and I see a lot of high fashion in her. I can't wait to see what else she has in store. Plus, she's gay! Will she win and be the first gay top model...I'm rooting for her!

Chelsey: When you strip this girl down, you've got a model. So far, she has done quite well in the competition, but I'm not too sure if she stands out from the group. What does stand out his her lovely gap which is very remniscent of Bianca Jagger, Lara Stone, Lauren Hutton, and Vanessa Paradis. Not too sure if I'm fully confident in her, but I hope she at least makes it to the top five.

annken


Ann: Standing at 6'2, this amazonian beauty has more than long gambs. She has won over the judges with her quirky, yet quite persona, and her consistency in the competition. She continues to win picture of the week over and over again delivering each time she sets foot in front of the camera. I really hope she becomes the winner of ANTM, simply because I believe in girls like her. Season 2 had the amazing yet very similar, Shandi. Hopefully she'll be able to break through her shell and conquer the competition.

Kendal: I love Kendal, because of her long and cocoalicious gambs. She definitely got a Naomi Campbell makeover, but I love the look on her. C'est tres fierce, no? I hope she also makes it to at least the top five, but will she be consistent? One's thing for sure and it that these ladies are consistently high fashion potential, well in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment