Saturday, November 7, 2009

RIP Auntie Marcy


My Auntie Marcy's funeral is this weekend and I still can't believe she's gone. When my mom called me on Thursday, I really didn't know how to respond. I guess I didn't believe it. She was such an influential person in my religious life that I really came to her for inspiration or when I needed something. Today, her death really makes me understand that I should take life in it's full capacity and be thankful everyday. Although she knew she was battling lung cancer, she decided to not seek treatment, for some reason I still don't understand. How could she leave my sister, my cousin, me, and so many others like that? Am I upset? A little. Do I understand her decision? Absolutely. She was always a woman of God and I think that's what I admired so much about her. That after her husband died, she FULLY devoted herself to him and became a nun.

She has taught me many things in life and made me understand that life is all about experiencing so much, but at the same time keeping it all in the line of God. I guess to never forget about him in my successes and failures. I promised you, that this summer when I visit Rome, I will visit the Vatican and think of you on your day there. It's one promise I'm sure I will keep. I love you always. Tell Uncle Tony I say Hi, oh and Jesus too. =) RIPardise.

No comments:

Post a Comment