Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Internship Update.

Now that I am officially 330 miles away from the CBS station, I am now continuing my full year internship from home or my new apartment I should say. It's actually pretty nice having to do all my work either on my desk in my PJ's or on my bed. Though it may seem like I can get away with more, that isn't the case, especially if you work for the great Akilah Bolden-Monifa.

I am constantly doing something. I currently have 3 ongoing projects, which include looking for comments on any of our Bay Sunday segments, suggesting friends to be fans of our Bay Sunday show on Facebook, and selecting guests for our National Heritage Month celebrations.

I've written a few pitches and weblinking, which has been really cool. The best thing yet has been writing a script for the hilarious actress Suzanne Whang, who has been on CBS's cold case, Nip/Tuck, HGTV's House Hunters, Two & a Half Men, Boston Legal, and NYPD Blue. That was super cool! I can't wait for winter break and actually be in the studio. I am thinking of maybe interning for radio with No Name at Live 105.5. I'd love to get different insights on different industries. Let's see if Akilah gives me the ok! =)

I have been thinking too, if I don't go to Paris this summer (which I better be), then I am planning my PLAN B, which is to go to Los Angeles and find an editorial internship. Either Harpers, Nylon, Teen Vogue, Vogue, and Interview would be amazing. So we'll see what life has to offer.

On a side note, my mother called me yesterday to inform me that my Auntie Marcy has passed. She was such an influential person in my life, it was truly shocking to hear from my mother that she has left me. She has been in my religious life since the beginning and even led my confirmation class. I am truly blessed to have met such an incredible women of such class, dignity, heart, kindness, and humor. I will love you forever Auntie Marcy. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment