Monday, January 16, 2012

Piti Uomo Fall 2012 Fav PT 2

etromff1 etromff2 etromff3

Etro // Etro's creative director, Kean Etro presented an extravagant collection filled with feathers, signature Etro prints, velvet, and incredible hats. The show began with evening wear first and showcased monotone brocades, feather detailed sportcoats, ties and scarves. The collection had an array of colors from jewel tones to fiery reds and rusty oranges that quickly had me yearning for more. There was definitely a lot of personality and I loved every ensemble that walk down the runway. Easily one of my favorite collections of the season for the wonderful, yet modern mix of prints and textures. I'm definitely digging the navajo prints in some of the outwear pieces; looks like I'm ahead of the trend with my recent Pendleton coat purchase. View the full collection here.
guccimff1 guccimff2 guccimff3

Gucci // Besides Christopher Bailey, I really really adore the work of Gucci's creative director, Frida Giannini. The Italian designer took the nineteenth century as inspiration for her latest mens wear collection for the house of Gucci and delivered one hell of a presentation. With money being no issue to the Gucci man, luxe fabrics dominated the runway from rich velvets to fur collar details. I see myself wearing the whole collection, but then again who am I kidding?! The trousers in various prints in the collection were definitely the key items in my opinion. Overall the collection was very much rich, contemporary, and completely chic with velvet, silk, and brocade works. Luxury at it's finest for sure. View the full collection here.
pradamff1 pradamff2 pradamff3 pradamff4 pradamff5

Prada // Miuccia Prada gave one hell of a grand affair for the Italian house's mens FW 12 collection. Miuccia even had celebs like Adrien Brody, Gary Oldman, Garrett Hudlund, Emile Hirsch, and Jamie Bell walk the runway. Lately not many designers have celebs walking their runway like Marc Jacobs does, but I really enjoyed the star studded line up Miuccia had; def not who I had in mind...just like the collection. The sergent general-esque presentation showcased simple yet well tailored double breasted coats as well as refined suits and top coats. Understated elegance, modern, and also classic is how I would define the collection. How amazeballs are those top coats or those double breasted ensembles? The color scheme of browns, mustard yellows and and muted purples had me at hello. I also really enjoyed the touches of prints throughout the collection whether it was portrayed in the ascots, socks, shoes or on the coats. View the full collection here.

No comments:

Post a Comment