Thursday, January 12, 2012

Givenchy Pre-Fall 2012

givenpref1
In the fashion world, Ricardo Tisci is my savior. I am completely bananas over his prefall 2012 collection for Givenchy. Then again, when aren't I going bat shit crazy over his creations? There was an explosion of prints in his past two presentations, and I'm glad to see he's still emphasizing it in his prefall collection in a few, but strong pieces. Among all the prefall collections, this is probably my favorite; daring, well tailored, sophisticated, edgy, and classic Givenchy. From looking at all the prefall collections, elbow high gloves, fur collars, knee high black leather boots, and pleated skirts all are strong trends. I liked how the collection was also shot on the street and not behind some ordinary bland background. It really plays up the strong urban ensembles. I also liked how Tisci incorporated his infamous rottweiler into the collection. It's kind of becoming a symbol for the fashion house, no? Bravo Ricardo, bravo.
givenpref2 givenpref3 givenpref4 givenpref5 givenpref6 givenpref7



Photos from NYMag.

1 comment: