Friday, October 1, 2010

It only gets better.

It was only time that I was going to start writing about the recent events on young suicides, after all, when you constantly hear something so astonishingly sad, you have to let out that frustration some how and take a stand. I've been keeping up with the news a lot lately and I have read about FIVE stories so far involving young boys who committed suicide because of bullying. It makes me so sad to find out that KIDS, not adults, are taking their life away, because of the torture and ridicule other kids (or adults) cast upon them. To be so young and have so much more life to live and suddenly taking it away from yourself because of ignorance and hate just astonishes me and suicide SHOULD NEVER BE THE ANSWER.





Growing up, as unique as I am, I myself have been bullied and ridiculed because of who I am. I won't lie, it was hard, especially having been picked on when I was around the sixth grade. It's hard hearing things you don't want to hear or can't understand. Your whole body starts to ache and you begin to feel this emotional pain that seems like it won't go away; so you look for solutions to get rid of those feelings, but again SUICIDE is not the answer. I was lucky enough to let it out and use a creative outlet to express myself. It took a while for me to learn, but I learned that hate is inevitable; whether we like it or not, someone will not like you for who you are, but life moves on. You can't please everyone, all you can do is love yourself and be proud of who you are.

I am so disheartened by the tragedies that have taken the lives of Billy Lucas, Asher Brown, Seth Walsh, Tyler Clementi, Raymond Chase, Caleb Nolt, Felix Sacco, and Harrison Chase Brown, that everyone should make a stand, straight or gay to make a difference and let it be known that SUICIDE is NEVER THE ANSWER. There are local clubs, community meetings, hotlines, online forums, and networks that are there to talk to you if you ever need someone to talk to. I have also learned that sometimes our greatest outlets are right in front of us, our friends and family. AND if our friends or family isn't particularly there for you, you have to understand that there are others just like you who are struggling. YOU ARE NOT ALONE, it truly only get's better. We are the only people in our life that control our destiny, so lets see it that every one lives their own. DO YOUR PART.


I adore SIA and the music she makes. Check the video to listen to her story and how it only gets better

No comments:

Post a Comment