Saturday, December 26, 2009

Avatar in 3D


So after all the Christmas festivities with the Dizons last night, Phil, my sister, Jen, Nikko and I decided to watch a 945pm showing of Avatar in 3D. Our little cousin Amanda's bf let us in basically for free; how nice of him right? So, we basically waited in line for a good hour, which sucked. But, it was totally worth it. We got to see a 3D trailer of Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland, which was cool and the movie ended up being more than my expectations. Ugh, I actually really want to see it again. Not only is it action packed and visually stimulating, but there were plenty of historical and political references in the movie that made it even more enticing. From wiping out an indigenous tribe to war, this movie was just jam packed with details. Never was there a dull moment in the movie and I'm glad it ended with a happy ending. Plus the romance in the film was heart felt and I'm a total sucker for those things! Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana are amazing in this film as well as Sigourney Weaver. I didn't even know Michelle Rodriguez was in the film, but she was actually quite good too. Ugh, I recommend everyone to see this film!

After the movie ended, the movie was all my cousins and I were talking about. The two hours and forty-five minutes went by fast, but I couldn't imagine the movie if it had been cut down shorter. On another note, I didn't know James Cameron, the director of Titanic, directed this film! He did an amazing job with all the CGI stuff, and I think if they did this film ten years ago, they wouldn't have been able to do the things they are able to do now digitally. The movie was really full of color and makes you in awe of their planet "Pandora," I wonder if its a message that our own planet used to or still is in small parts of the world, just as beautiful. I'm on google maps and the only things I see are sky scrapers, buildings, and houses! Such a shame. But anyways, I want to see it on IMAX now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment