Tuesday, January 26, 2010

VV Brown - Shark In The Water (acoustic)

I've heard of VV Brown through an issue of one my Teen Vogues and I've tried to remind myself to check this new rising start out, but I seem to have always forgotten. But after stumbling upon her myspace from PerezHilton, I couldn't stop listening to her acoustic version of her US single "Shark In The Water." She seems like such a fresh of breadth air, maybe even a modernized Amy Winehouse combined with a little Eartha Kitt or Aretha Franklin. I'm totally in to her hair too. It's so Betti Page-esque and her style is original. It's a mix match of modern and vintage old pieces. She's also running a small online vintage store. She's just amazing. Check this video of her singing in a cab in her native London!
V_V_Brown-Travelling_Like_The_Light-Frontal


I also happened to find this youtube star nammed ortoPilot and he just did a cover of VV Brown's song. Not only is he good, but he's such a hippy looking, band boy cutie! Check him out. He's just as amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment