Monday, May 9, 2011

Met Gala Fav's 2011

Although the Met took place last week, I can't help but blog about my red carpet favs! I would have bloged earlier, but something was acting funny with my blog that was preventing me from doing so. Sorry! and sorry for the lack of updates. This last quarter of my undergrad has really boosted my senioritis to do ANYTHING. Anywho... here are some of my fav's during the Met's opening of Alexander McQueen's Savage Beauty (which I hope to make it to before they close the exhibit July 31!).

metfav2
Zoe can do no wrong, especially in Calvin Klein. While all the other ladies of the night went for bells and whistles, Saldana opted for a much more simple and quite fresh approach in this yellowy number. Although I'm not a huge fan of K. Stew, she does look phenomenal in this Proenza Schouler custom made ensemble... so I'm not hating. Especially if her dates were Jack & Lazaro themselves!
metfav1
Emma Stone is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Who knew she was a budding fashionista?! Love the blond on her, but I also love her as a ginger. Guess she's one of few that can really work both.. KUDOS! After being named Maxim's no. 1 on it's Hot 100 List, Rosie was definitely looking all sorts of sex and glam at the Met wearing custom made Burberry. So jelly she's dating Jason Statham...the couple has definitely been on my radar..
metfav3
The brains behind the Met gala and mastermind behind Vogue was looking incredible in her long sleeved Chanel dress, while Diane Kruger displayed her long legs for days in her Jason Wu number. Loved them both. Don't you?
metfav5
Everyone that reads my blog knows I'm in love with Rosario Dawson and even though I think she could have done better, she looked great in her G. Valli sequined choice. I love a good plunging back. Orlando Bloom's fav VS model, Miranda Kerr looked darling in her Marchesa. She was practically the white swan of the night!
metfav6
Nobody could have worked a jumpsuit like Iman in a gold sequined Stella McCartney. At the tender and rightful age of 55, the mama def shows us she's still got it! Jealous.. On the other hand, Gennifer Goodwin looked banging in her TopShop dress and would have guessed her dress was from TopShop! Gorgeous.
metcricci
At the end of the night, my favorite of them all was Christina Ricci's custom Zac Posen dress. She had all the bells and whistles and heads turning as she walked down the red carpet and into the exhibit in her hauntingly beautiful dress. UGH, so much beauty in one dress it was definitely the dress of the night hands down. Although it was a Zac Posen dress, it had all the essence of McQueen, which was perfect for the event. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment