Friday, November 5, 2010

The Situation


When I can actually have time for myself, I really would like to start focusing on my body & mind. I actually called my cousin Camilla the other day to talk about yoga and meditation, because recently I've been having a harder time sleeping, my body automatically wakes its self up at 7am, my muscles begin to twitch from stress, and I've just been feeling like I can't control my thoughts, which makes me feel like flustered and lost. When I come home for thanksgiving I'm super excited to take a hot yoga class with Camilla in hopes to rejuvenate my body & mind. She also mentioned that keeping your body active can help relieve stress and that eating right can help you keep focused on something else other than my daily grind. But for now, I think the Situation has some pretty good tips on how to get physically fit. What do you think?

The Situations 8 Fit Rules

1. Eat every few hours. Aim for six small meals per day - three meals and three protein shakes.
2. Drink tons of water.
3. Choose lean proteins, fruits and veggies whenever you can.
4. Get six to eight hours of sleep “Sleep is when your body grows and repairs itself”
5. Avoid simple carbs and junk calories, includnig condiments like mayo and jelly.
6. Approach fitness as a long term lifestyle, not an instant transformation. Be dedicated, patient, and work hard for it.
7. Make working out your No. 1 commitment, because it builds the confidence and discipline you need to succeed in every domain of your life.
8. Give yourself one “cheat day” per week when you can eat whatever you want and recover from your training.

No comments:

Post a Comment