Sunday, November 28, 2010

The power of saying "I'm proud of you"

I forgot where I learned this, but one of the most influential things you can say to someone is "I'm proud of you." For me, hearing it from your family is a big deal because it signifies how significant people in your life acknowledge your hard work and in a way tells you that they accept you. I work my ass off to be the very best I can be and push my self as if there's no limits so every time I hear this it makes me feel like I'm doing something right. Do you get the same feeling when you hear this?

Anyways, what made me want to write this in my blog was when I posted a status on my FB saying that I had assisted Katy Perry & her hubby, Russell Brand at work. My oldest cousin, Angelo sent this message to me shortly after posting my status:

cousin, i'm so proud of you. you are so very driven and believe me, it amazes us all. you are so freakin talented that i know that you are destined to be doin thangs that we aint seen in our family yet. for sureski. so with all that aside, i need you to style me up for my wedding next year between thanksgiving and christmas, we just haven't set a date yet. but i want to put you in charge. and i'ma let you. do you. you feel me? oh. baby. love you. remember cuz that we are so very proud of you especially beng cuz i know how close you two are. keep driving, who knows where the fuck you'll wind up!!!

It's always great to hear someone commending and recognizing your hard work, because a majority of the time it goes unnoticed. I hope everyone experiences something similar in their life, because hard work never goes unrecognized; especially with your family & friends.

PS. Congrats to my amazing cousin Angelo & Tenise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment