Friday, November 12, 2010

Saks Fifth Avenue

I was officially offered a part time sales associate position for women's ready to wear, accessories, and mens yesterday. I am so excited to work at such a prestigious department store and such an exclusive one at that. I think this is definitely a step in the right direction in terms of my professional career. I told myself that if I EVER did retail again, it would be with the big dogs, and though it's not Bergdorfs, I'm pretty damn close even though our Santa Barbara store is quite smaller than other Sak stores. My interview went very well and without a hitch, I was very comfortable and engaged in my interviews which I think really helped me. Besides, who knows me better than myself?

Anyways, I look forward to working, learning, and selling. Finally a position with commission and discount on clothes, accessories, and shoes! I really hope this job helps me to save and with paid holidays like Christmas and New Years, I am excited to not work, but get paid! Although I'm quite sad that I won't be able to drive down to LA for the Lanvin H&M launch, I figured it would just save up for an actual Lanvin suit and trench, so I guess it works out. I'm super excited to shop for Christmas gifts as well. Having a Chanel store in the middle of your department doesn't make things easier, so let's hope I don't end up shopping for myself this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment