Monday, February 27, 2012

Fashion News: Stefano Pilati OUT at Yves Saint Laurent

tumblr_limz2whunp1qzwof2
And another one bites the dust. Got the news this morning that March 8th will be YSL's current creative director and personally one of my favorites, Stefano Pilati's last show for the Paris fashion house. Seems like there's a lot of drama and outs right now with Jil Sander making her return to her label, forcing it's current head, Raf Simmons, out. If you read up on fashion news on the daily, then you've already known that Pilati and former YSL executive, Pierre Bergé, have had plenty of rifts for awhile now, so I suppose it was only a matter of time. As a designer, I truly admire Pilati for his understanding of elegance, chic, beauty, and women in general. I think his years at YSL were commercially strong and for the most part were critically well-received. Rumors are swirling that Raf Simmons and Hedi Slimane may take over, but only time will tell. I guess the March 8th show will be one highly anticipated presentation, but I'm more than confident it will not disappoint.

"[I am] incredibly proud of what I have accomplished with my teams over the past decade at Saint Laurent ... I exit the house with fierce conviction in all that we have achieved and deep gratitude to those who have supported me along the way ... I wish the maison Yves Saint Laurent and its new creative director the very best for the future."

tumblr_limzj8FjYw1qzwof2
(Clearly MK is one lucky gal. How I'd love to locklips with Stefano like that..;))



Photos from Purple Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment