Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mboko Ndimba Mobutu

STREETFSN
Multiple bracelets, short shorts, vibrant colors, the affinity for anything white, man clutches, and a habit for wearing sportcoats like capes makes it seem like I have a lot in common with the stylist and fashion editor of Ghubar Magazine, Mboko. I couldn't help but agree and see myself in his interview with fashion blog, Monsieur Got Style; excerpts include:
Your style is:
classic with a twist. I like classic elegance but with its own share of personal playful modern feel to it.

Your must-have is/are:
a wide collection of shoes from luxurious models to more affordable ones.

STREETFSN

Your background:
I actually studied communications and advertising after graduating. While still studying I interned twice as a fashion PR assistant, I then was approached to join online magazine GHUBAR's team as editor/stylist. Later on I started interning as a stylist's assistant for weekly fashion and lifestyle French women magazine "Be" then became editor/stylist for it not too long ago.

Your inspirations:
multi-tasking hard working and talented forces such as Milan Vukmirovic, Anna Wintour and such. As well as people that understand fashion in a way that they are able to produce iconic imagery that are larger than the entity they represent or work for on a stylistic, photographic level or else. I'm thinking of the Grace Coddingtons, Mert & Marcuses, Tommy Tons, and others. Without forgetting about writers as well.

STREETFSN
Your signature mark:
As of lately, I would say that it is color-blocking. On a regular basis I guess either my glasses, the fact that I roll up my pants, hardly wear socks or my overall "preppy" look. People should answer that for me actually.

Your favorite brands:
Easily Dries Van Noten, Tom Ford and Burberry Prorsum.

Your advice to the Messieurs is:
Not to give a damn. Or at least try. It takes some kind of courage to get out there and stylistically assume who you are when you make strong statements through your style.



Photos from Street FSN.

No comments:

Post a Comment