Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk

photo 1
While I'm up here in the Bay Area visiting friends and family, I thought I would take some time to check out The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk exhibit at the De Young Museum. I'm not a huge fan of JPG and his work, but I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed the exhibit. It was fun, engaging, and beautifully well done. I found the talking mannequins highly entertaining, while I found the details incredibly breathtaking. JPG's sketches of Madonna's Blonde Ambition 1990 tour were outstanding, but actual polariods of her on tour in the costumes were mind blowing. You could tell she LOVED JPG, especially when she had him create a whole new collection for her Confessions tour in 2006. They clearly have a long loving relationship. But I definitely recommend all of you to see the JPG exhibit. I'm a junky for these types of things.
photo 4 photo 3 35photo 2 36 34 37


No comments:

Post a Comment