Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Very Personal Success Story

While working the other day at work, I happened to helped one of the most sweetest ladies ever and made such an impact on her that I made her cry. Shoot even I CRIED! Here's the story I submitted to my boss:

Hi Chris -

I thought I should share a success story that happened to me today. I was working with a new client named Lilian Cross. She walked in looking at the sale rack and I gladly helped her with a fitting room where she was trying on a few Vince sweaters. After trying them on she came up to me with a request to also help her find an outfit to wear to her husband's memorial. I was happy to help and picked out a few BCBG cardigans and dresses, but she told me she wanted to go a bit more classic, so I called Patty up stairs to bring me a few black trousers. She also wanted a pair of Manolo Blahniks, so I walked her over to shoes with Carla while she was wearing the final outfit we had decided on which included a striped Vince sweater and Theory trousers. In the end she was so happy with a pair of Jimmy Choos, which went better with the outfit than the Manolos. After getting her pants tailored with Kai, I could not help but notice her crying and starring at herself in the mirror. She had told me that the outfit that I had picked out for her was not only perfect, but beautiful. She consistently thanked me, and while she was telling me about her husband, Richelle and I could not help but also get teary eyed!

At the end of our interaction, she got 6 items totaling $1567 and I could not have done it if it weren't for Patty, who assisted in picking out trousers, Carla who assisted me in shoes, Richelle who helped me during the long transaction, and Kai who helped her with her alterations. I cannot tell you how amazing I feel (as well as Richelle) for assisting this client and making her feel amazing and beautiful for such a harrowing event. She asked for my business card and my work schedule and glady gave them to her; she has promised to come back because she mentioned that she has never experienced service and taste with anyone as great as mine. Go Team!

Ishmael

And let me just add that she told me that her husband died in her arms and that she would not have it any other way, which reminded me of the survey I filled out not too long ago on this blog. One of the questions asked: How would you like to die? and my response was : "In the arms of my lover." How coincidental! But she really made me cry when she said told me the stories of how she would climb into her husband's bed every time the nurse had left and that she would talk to him even though he could not reciprocate the communication; she just knew that he understood every time he had a faint smile on his face. UGHHH I cannot tell you guys how heart wrenching this lady and her stories were. *cue the AWWWW's I guess you really do know when your good at your job when you impact your clients emotionally.

1 comment:

  1. AWWW! Such an amazing story! You made that lady's life. So touching. I know you were bawling.

    ReplyDelete