Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lessons learned/ing

1. Be grateful for your parents.

"I don't know where my parents are forking up the money to pay for my trip to Paris, but I am extremely thankful they are willing to spend so much on me for this amazing opportunity. Plus I am more than grateful that they trust me and the decisions I make, because without their support, I would have nothing. And as much as I complain and give them attitude, they give me nothing but unconditional love."

2. Nothing in life is free.

"I'm starting to feel really frustrated that all the work I do outside of school isn't helping me financially. It would be great to help my parents out financially by not having them worry about me and my finances. But in the long run, I understand (as I'm sure they do as well) that my work will pay off... and hopefully in large financial sums. I ain't playin.

3. Life is a journey, not a destination.

"I think I'm getting a little too ahead of myself. Too ambitious I guess you can say. I'm starting to feel the pressure and all with two internships, a full time school workload, trying to bust my ass to get into my major, finalizing Paris, and everything between. Sometimes I live my life too much into the future, I forget about the present. I need to let go and let flow, because life is in fact, a journey."

4. Remember to make time for yourself.

"As much as I do everything to benefit myself, I really need to sit down and close my eyes or take a look around to ponder. Everything is undeniably happening so fast, its becoming all a blur. Sometimes a movie or a quick episode of some horrid reality TV show will slow things down and allow some me time in order to recuperate from all the chaos I get myself into. I am now beginning how to balance my work life and my personal life. Wait, what personal life?"

5. Fashion isn't as glamorous as it seams.

" After working only a few weeks with DIANI, I've learned that nothing is easy as it seams (did you like how I spelled seems? Haha) a lot of work goes into everything, from our clothes (steaming) to our events (coordinating and planning). What the HELL have I got myself into? All in the name of Marc Jacobs? Oh yes. "

No comments:

Post a Comment