Thursday, April 8, 2010

Update: Life & School

Second week of the ten this quarter means two more months till this academic year is over. YAY! Midterms are in two weeks, sucks. Not complaining about life....yet. Although I have my usual amounts of reading, I am hoping to keep up with it all despite all of springs festivities. I really do hope I can still remain in the honors program, I work by butt of everyday. I currently have a 3.51 GPA and you need a 3.0 GPA by the end of spring quarter to stay in the program, so lets see how I do.

My global warming class is definitely not what I thought it was going to be, it's much more mathematical based. Surprisingly, I'm looking forward to it; I haven't done a math class in awhile and as much as I despise math, I kind of like doing it. weird. Communications class isn't too bad even though the reading is a snore. I love my professor to death though, shes awesome and always interesting. My leadership theory class seems to be a bit of a snore as well. It's practically a class of common sense, but I don't complain..plenty of eye candy.

Next week is my birfday and I'm turning the god awful number of 22. -_-" 24 I think is a perfect number. Not too young and definitely not too old. I hope I live in NYC by the time I'm 24 like Whit. She inspires me. haha I pretty much randomly chose a chic little bar/lounge in the city called Rye, which means I'm driving my butt back home the day after my birthday. Hopefully I won't be too hungover from the night before because I know my roomies are planning something. I know they're planning when they speak Chinese and squint at me. RUDE. Anyways, the only problem I'm currently facing is what to wear on my birthday. It definitely needs to be better than last years and I figured I looked like a waiter last year, so I'm opting for a spring looks. Perhaps a jean jacket, floral button up and some white jeans. IDK, I need inspiration. And the shietous stores here in SB doesn't help either. Suggestions?

On another note, I was thinking about my friends back home and how much I miss them. It makes me so jelly to hear that they're all together saki bombing or going to their usually spot, Sabor to have a glorious amount of drunkard time. =( But I guess at the same time I'm glad I'm here trying to obtain my dream, not to say that they aren't. I just want my damn degree already so I can start working and making skrilla in the industry that I LOVE. ugh. So impatient, and what if the world ends in 2012? I'll barely be 24 living the glamorous life. It makes me so jelly to see young people on TV doing what I work so hard to obtain or do, especially if they are single handedly doing it without any struggle or work. It's ok, LIFE IS A JOURNEY, NOT A DESTINATION. =)

Two months till Paris!!!

1 comment:

  1. we miss you too boo :( that's why I always drunk text you haha a night just doesn't feel complete unless I talk to you! Its ok though, at least we get to see you for your birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete