Friday, January 25, 2013

Mens Fashion Week: Fall/Winter 2013 Favs pt. 2

016-tile louis-vuitton011men 004-tile louis-vuitton040


Louis Vuitton // From the leopard printed coats to the color scheme, Louis Vuitton's menswear designer, Kim Jones, sent one hell of a collection down the runway last week. Leather will be a HUGE trend come FW 13 from pants to sleeve details, it's everywhere. It was very much present in this collection, but my favorite leather piece is hands down that coat. Absolutely beautiful.

viktor-rolf004 viktor-rolf006 viktor-rolf015 viktor-rolf018


Viktor and Rolf // I've never really been a fan of V&R, but I will say that I enjoyed their FW 13 collection. From the quirky prints to the thick frames, I saw myself wearing a lot of it. I thought the ensembles were young, clean, smart, and modern in terms of the fabrics and cuts. I enjoyed how contemporary the collection was, yet it wasn't boring or anything I haven't seen, I suppose it was fresh.

016-tile (1)plmen1 phillip-lim008 028-tileplmen2 phillip-lim034


3.1 Phillip Lim // The wardrobe meant for all the cool boys; a collection that basically screamed street wear chic. I loved the play on mixed fabrics and patches. The thick zippered boots accented the the ensembles perfectly, but my favorite look from the collection was that 90's double breasted suit. AMAZING.

022-tilevmen valentino005 028-tilevmen2 valentino011


Valentino // I'm always excited to see what Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli will present during their menswear collection for the house of Valentino, because in a way, I feel like the clothes and essence of their menswear resonates with my true style. I'm very simple and clean cut when it comes to dressing, and I find the same goes for Valentino. If only my wardrobe consisted some of these pieces... for instance I'm mad for those plaid looks. I loved the green plaid they showcased along with all their leather coats. LEATHER!

114 47 93 132


Acne // These are my favorite looks from Acne's FW 13 collection. The entire head to toe looks are pure perfection in my opinion. Fun, quirky, and classic. You can't go wrong with that combination. I think I'm starting to label everything as fun, quirky and classic...oh well. I love how the neck scarf adds to the looks, something so simple and subtle, yet makes all the difference no? I scored a $35 Acne cardigan the other day, best find so far to date.

junya-watanabe002 junya-watanabe026 junya-watanabe035 junya-watanabe039


Junya Watanabe // I purchased my first Watanabe piece last fall and it's by far one of the best quality pieces in my closet. If there's one thing I love about Watanabe, it's the attention to detail and quality. The construction is OUT OF THIS WORLD, and I will always respect a designer who's work is incredibly detail oriented. While this collection is classic workman inspired, I can tell that the ensembles are impeccably well designed with the best of fabrics and construction. I loved the puffer toggle coat and the all the suits. GIMMIE!

Photos from The Fashionisto & Before You Kill Us All.

No comments:

Post a Comment