Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mens Fashion Week: Spring/Summer 2014 Favs PT 2

valms14cover jwms14cover dvnms14cover awangms13c 31plimms14cover

valms141 valms142

Valentino // You can always count on Valentino for the perfect shades of khaki, burgundy, olive, and navy. I also like how camouflage has become a classic print for both men and women in their collections. Perhaps camo is the new gingham, plaid, or stripe? Either way, I thought Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli delivered another great collection filled with great patchwork like detailing and two tone outerwear, and could you go wrong with any of those denim looks? Bravo.

jws141 jwms142

Junya Watanabe // I bought my first Watanabe piece a few months ago, and since then I have absolutely loved seeing what the designer creates season after season. I have worked with a lot of designer clothing, and I have a huge admiration for those designer that pay attention to detail and quality, and you can easily see that in his clothing. The craftsmanship is beyond mind blowing, and I think his SS 13 presentation shows exactly that. Great ensembles from start to end, especially those white looks with touches of floral prints...

dvnms141 dvnmss142

Dries Van Noten // I always look forward to seeing what Dries creates for his mens collection, especially the prints he creates for his runway shows. With touches of Asian oriented patterns, orchids, and paisleys, Dries created a wonderful collection filled with incredible anoraks, printed trousers, and numbered pieces.

awangms144 awangms143 awangms142 awangms135

Alexander Wang // Spending errrythang on Alexander Wang, NEW SLAVES! Each look was more dope than the next. From the quilted sweaters, perforated baseball tops, leather pants with knee detailing, and those caps. Sick. I also enjoyed the subdued color palette. The styling of the collection was also well executed. You can never expect anything less than street chic, from Mr. Wang.

31plimms141 31plimms142 31plimms143

3.1 Phillip Lim // GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE! I've been wanting a pair or mirrored frames, and Phillip Lim's are beyond amazeballs. Not sure how I'm feeling about the melley's (Jellys for men), but I do love the clothes. I love the turban like headpieces and the printed ensembles. That perforated top has my name on it, I WANT/I NEED.

Photos from The Fashionisto.

No comments:

Post a Comment