Monday, March 11, 2013

Paris Fashion Week Favs FW 2013: Part One

004-tile (1)givenchyfwfw131 010-tile (2)givenchyfw122 034-tile (1)givenchyfw123


Givenchy // Ricardo Tisci is just one of those designers who's just oh so gangsta in what he does it's almost always flawless. Does he ever get it wrong? With his cult following behind him including Ciara, Kanye West, Liv Tyler, Jessica Chastain, and many more, the man behind the fashion house continues to make a strong statement with his FW 13 collection. With sweaters in various mediums from embellished, printed, to sheer, Tisci sent out an array styled with show stopping skirts that made each look more and more drool worthy. I thought the Bambi printed tops were absolutely delightful and a fun lighthearted twist to the dark colored palette of the collection. J'adore!

001-tile (1) 010-tile 028-tileviktorandrolf


Viktor & Rolf // I never really saw a collection by V&R that I really liked, because I always thought they were avant garde in a more artistic way than it ever being beautiful in a wearable sense. Then they sent down their FW13 collection and I thought it was the perfect balance between their artistic aesthetic and wearability. While no one can ever go wrong with a black and white scheme, I thought their play on pleats, bows, leather, and prints were fresh, fun, and chic. What do you guys think?

016-tilevalentinowfw2 010-tile (2)valentintowfw1 040-tile (1)valentinowfw3


Valentino // Absolutely beautiful. A collection that was purely and absolutely beautiful from start to end. Each ensemble was more elegant than the next, from reds to blues, nudes to blacks, the collection was minimally extravagant but extraordinarily luxurious. I thought the fine China print was a great touch to the collection. Kudos to Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli for a job well done!

001-tile 004-tile 022-tile


Emilio Pucci // I may be biased because of my undying crush on Peter Dundas, but I did thoroughly enjoy his FW 13 collection that was just as sexy as his last. From the thigh boots to the bangin' mini dresses, I literally wanted to rock and roll, which essentially is the DNA for the Pucci woman. A collection for any woman with attitude for sure.

010-tile (1) 022-tile (1) 040-tile 034-tile


Lanvin // I will always be a huge fan of Alber and I'm pretty positive if I was a woman, I'd be dressing in Lanvin all the time just like my red carpet fav, Emma Stone. I love how simple his silhouettes can be yet how potentially dramatic it can also be given the amazing attention to detail, play on shapes and proportion, and let's not forget the statement jewels. This season, Alber played with tiered ruffles of chiffon, fur stoles, embellished and printed florals, and statement word necklaces for a little twist of fun. I thought the overall collection was fun, flirty, chic, and classic Lanvin.

No comments:

Post a Comment